Over the past two days, at my job, I noticed some odd things. First off, one client I had yesterday - french-speaker, mind you - was a young woman named 'Kariane'. Second, one of the other words at my workplace - probably of Arabic descent - is named Mehdi. Throughout that day, I started to wonder: why did I give Demyan the nickname 'Medy'? At first, it felt like a playful mistake from young Kary, or perhaps a moment of dyslexia on her part, but... what if it boiled down to something else? Given that one part of the story will be in our time, what if Mehdi - which means 'guided one' in Arabic - would actually mean something?
Also, today, I woke up with some mixed thoughts in mind. Most of them were related to 'Remembered Eternity'. I ended up putting some of those together - not in a chapter... at least, not yet - and some of the results were... I'm not sure what would be the exact words for it. Let me write them down.
First scene: Kaina and Alban with their baby, Darby.
- First thought: if Kaina was created from Karyana being split asunder in a previous 'life', what would Darby be?
- Second thought: if Karyana were forced to recover her essence from Kaina, what would happen to the child?
Second scene: Aphrah, disguised as an elderly seer, says the child will be marked by a terrible fate unless 'tribute is paid'. The tribute in question: Kaina's life, which she takes by stabbing her, then kidnapping the child. Then came another train of thought: seeing the child locked in stasis in Volkram's growth chambers.
Then something else came to mind: I never gave Volkram a 'past' story. But also, I started wondering about some things in the 'modern world' scenario:
- Given that Medierth's present and future are anchored to events of the past, what would happen if some events that were meant to happen never did, or were replaced by other events?
- If people of Medierth existed in our present, would they be just like their counterparts?
- What would happen if events that shaped the lives of nations... never happened? or what if they happened differently?
- What if events leading up to that point were simply a forced loop, started with one event that made the hands of time turn towards disaster?
Maybe I'm thinking too much, but... once I get time to write, it feels like I'm going to write something crazy.